With the winter thaw behind us, warmer temperatures and longer nights make it an opportune time to put a renewed focus on home and auto safety! Policyholders can stay safe and avoid costly claims with these seasonal safety tips:
- Test your smoke & Carbon Monoxide detectors. Better yet, test them monthly!
- Keep grills away from siding. Click here for more safe grilling tips.
- Never put portable wood burning fireplaces on decks, and refrain from burning during a drought.
- Be careful not to put hot ash from an outdoor fireplace in the trashcan.
- Keep pool gates locked when not in use.
- Clean gutters and drains of leaves and debris.
- Have your HVAC unit serviced if it wasn’t done in the Winter. This should be done at least once a year, as well as replacing the filter.
For Vehicle Owners
- Look out for potholes that may have popped up since winter! Large potholes can cause damage to your vehicle. Equally as dangerous? Swerving to avoid them.
- Stay vigilant for bicyclists and motorcyclists.
- Slow down in residential neighborhoods. Nicer weather means more children will be out playing.
- Slow down when it’s raining, too! Wet roads can be just as slick as icy roads.
Learn more about the top 6 dangers for spring driving and how to stay safe – click here!